IT PROJECT MANAGER
Connects Technology with Business Objectives
Detail-oriented technology leader applying deep knowledge of data center and network operations, system implementations, and IT infrastructure. Manage
cross-functional teams in IT systems support to meet corporate objectives. Known for customer-driven focus, clarity and defining best practices in
value-added technical documentation, and persistent follow up on action items, with expertise in:
• Process Documentation / Process Improvement
• Data Center Migrations
• Software Vendor Engagement
• Change Management
• IT Service Provider Vendor Engagement
• M & A IT Integration
• Network Carrier Vendor Engagement
• Electrical Power Concepts
• SDLC / Software Life Cycle Management
• IT Audits
NAVISITE INC, A TIME WARNER CABLE COMPANY, Syracuse, NY
IT Project Manager 2005 to 2016
Managed all aspects of IT projects including project charter, scope and requirements, project plans, asset tracking meeting minutes, management updates,
profit and loss evaluations, escalation management, conflict resolution and risk analysis, and regularly assigned to lead projects requiring detailed
organization and complex coordination.
• Managed 3 successful data center migrations, each resulting in infrastructure cost savings and improved customer service.
• Led a team in the integration of 13 NaviSite offices with Time Warner Cable IT systems including network and wireless, telephony, email, AD, and related
• Managed infrastructure build required to provide NaviSite products to Time Warner Cable customers.
• Project managed NaviSite - Time Warner Cable finance system and process integration.
• Developed procedures for and participated in user acceptance testing (UAT) of IT systems, software and network connectivity.
• Drove adherence to change management policies, ensuring compliance with SSAE-16 standards.
• Led parts or all of 12 corporate Merger and Acquisition or business unit divestiture projects, integrating or separating IT, operational, and support
components and processes.
• Managed software and system development projects for corporate database, online customer portal, documentation repository, incident and problem
management.systems, and quoting and billing systems, resulting in improved security, operational stability, and functionality.
• Saved operating expenses by managing 5 corporate office move, build, or renovation projects.
• Enabled sales engagement with government agencies by leading General Services Administration (GSA) contract renewal and service additions.
• Received corporate recognition awards in 2010 and 2006 for migration of internal documentation repository and leading office move in advanced time frame at
Implementation Team Lead 1999 to 2005
Managed cross-functional teams in the completion of 250+ customer implementation projects.
• Managed installation of T1 Internet circuits for 2000 Boston Marathon.
• Led worldwide network security installation for United Nations Development Program, resulting in upgraded security infrastructure.
• Improved operational efficiencies by creating and documenting implementation and support processes.
NORTEL NETWORKS, Raleigh, NC
• Performed installation, testing, and troubleshooting of DMS-100/10 telephony equipment and conducted DMS-10 software upgrades.
• Bachelor of Science (BS), Telecommunications, SUNY Polytechnic Institute, Utica, NY, GPA 3.15.
• ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
CLEAN ENERGY COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Maintain alternative energy support website (www.farm4energy.com).
• Member of Association of Warm Season Grass Producers.
• Secretary for Town of Hammond Alternative Energy Committee.
• Met with NY State Assemblyman Darrel Aubertine regarding wind power potential in northern New York.
CLEAN ENERGY PRODUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
• Producing heating pellets and briquettes from grass for use as home heat source or fuel source for commercial combined heat and power systems. Now testing
home consumption of grass pellets with final goal of going to market.
• Evaluating and testing feasibility of producing multiple energy and income streams from single crops or crop residues, with end goal of establishing an
• Installed backup solar power system at home and currently evaluating integration of thin film solar installed on corrugated roof metal.
• Producing on residential scale, cellulosic ethanol from switchgrass and other biomass.
• Established switchgrass trial stands in 2007, 2008 and 2009 for use with cellulosic ethanol production.
• Consulted on residential wind system installations and camp-sized solar installations, and have assisted in installation of each.
• Reduced home electric consumption by 34% and gas consumption by 10% by applying various energy saving methods and concepts.
• Constructed homemade personal wind generator.
• Built AC and DC power producing exercise bicycles. Working next to finalized design with final goal of going to market.
• Testing custom built circuit to first charge batteries and then switch over to feed power into home's AC power grid.
• Created documentation to guide user through alternative energy system installation and cost / usage estimation.